Many years ago I wrote a quick PHP script to help me create a simple HTML photo gallery from JPG images. I released it as LGR Photo and gave it away for free. It was a great little gallery and did what I needed it to do. I made it mainly for my own purposes but many others downloaded it and found it useful. I have been wanting to rewrite the script for quite sometime now, but it never seemed to make it onto the list of things to do. That being said I think it is time to simply retire LGR Photo.
If people are interested in using the script I will offer it here still for download. You are welcome to use it, rewrite it, play with it etc, but I can no longer offer support for it.
If you want to know more about the script here is some information that I had up about the script.
LGR Photo Gallery is a photo gallery script written in PHP. The current version has the following features:
- Easy Installation. A basic install on LGR Photo using the defaults should only take as long as it takes you to download it, unzip it, and upload it and some photos to your web server.
- Uses the GD Libraries to dynamically create thumbnails from your photos.
- Reads EXIF comment information from photos and displays the comment under the photo.
- Next and Previous thumbnail images when browsing photos.
- Table columns and rows adjustable.
- Cascading Style Sheet used for presentation.
- Easy to insert your custom header and footer files for complete web site integration.
- Easy to insert into an existing web site. Allows for many different layout configurations.
- Creates albums from folder structure. Number of sub albums only limited by the operating system.
- Not bloatware! Only two files for a quick and easy install. Perfect for home networks and to share photos with friends and family over the internet.
- Simple slideshow component included with a basic install.
- Valid XHTML and CSS in default install.
- FREE! What more can you ask for.
The following are the requirements to run LGR Photo on your server/computer.
- A web server that supports PHP.
- Any operating system that can run a web server and PHP.
- PHP Version 4.3.3 and up.
- GD Libraries are required to create thumbnails.
- EXIF support enabled if you want to display EXIF comment information.
- Currently only supports jpg files.
To make LGR Photo blend in more with your web site you will need to have some knowledge of:
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Some time to sit and play with it.